Delegate Proposal - Felix Lutsch

Identity and background

• What is the delegate’s identity and background?
    Hi, I am Felix Lutsch, an ecosystem builder and researcher active in the staking space. I am interested in problem statements on the intersection of Proof-of-Stake and DeFi. I wrote the first research on liquid staking and worked as the CCO of staking provider Chorus One for 5 years previously.

You can learn more about my affiliations and previous work in the bio linked on my X account @FelixLts (can’t add links).

• Has the delegate historically contributed to the Jito Network?
    I have been in touch with the Jito core team since Breakpoint 2021. I have expertise in liquid staking and Solana validation and e.g. lead the proposal and initial business expansion of Lido on Solana (which Chorus One handed over to P2P and which was ultimately sunset this past year) before jitoSOL existed.

• Has the delegate historically been involved in protocol governance?
    I am an active member of the Lido DAO and various Cosmos networks including e.g. dYdX.

• Is the delegate committed to helping the Jito Network and Solana succeed? Explain.
    My background and interest spreads across ecosystems and I believe Solana’s focus on performance and vision of a state machine synchronized at the speed of light put it in a unique spot in the “internet of blockchains”. Chorus One was one of the first validators to support the Solana ecosystem.

I believe my insights from research and experience in other ecosystem can contribute to the success of the Jito Network. Jito’s team and execution so far has been unmatched and I would be honored to contribute to create a flourishing, decentralized Jito Network.

Candidate views

• How should JitoSOL validator delegation balance performance (yield) versus decentralization goals?
    I believe for jitoSOL to be sustainable and successful in the long run, the network should contribute to Solana’s decentralization. This may mean potentially taking a small hit on performance in the short-term, but in the long-term creating a more diverse and resilient operator set and network at large. jitoSOL should try and provide node operators with the ability to support their operations (i.e. discouraging 0% commission) and utilise geographically diverse setups/running in underutilized data centers. At the same time, jitoSOL should push operators for excellence and reward exceptional performance and contributions. I am excited to help contribute towards building a network that can pull off this balancing act.

• What should be the priorities for JTO liquidity mining and DAO token grants?
    jitoSOL should utilize liquidity mining sparsely (e.g. only if matched by partners) and actively measure the impact/metrics of deployed liquidity. To build an ecosystem, the network should encourage contributions through token grants that add value with clear milestones and token vesting.

• What are your goals for the DAO as a delegate?
    Help create scalable processes and mechanisms to bring about a flourishing and decentralized ecosystem.

The goal of the questionnaire is to be high-signal. Please answer with as much detail as you feel is necessary to inform the community of your views.

Solana delegation address: CSBi71r81JzeRbZqZM4oH7Czoxoi5tmwfqjgUfAG4nBZ

7 Likes