Delegate Proposal - Darren Mims

Identity and background

What is the delegate’s identity and background?

Hello everyone, my name is Darren, and I’m a core contributor to FranklinDAO and head of written research for the Research committee. I’ve been active in crypto for about 2 ½ years now, as a user/trader. I briefly worked as a Messari Community Hub analyst, Venture Intern, and am currently part-time at a traditional hedge fund. I’ve been to many different conferences and have been witness to the developments of many communities: Avalanche’s Barcelona conference, Devconnect, DevCon, and Mainnet. Outside of school, I enjoy reading about developments in crypto and dedicating my time to research, alongside keeping up an old blog about my findings (though I am currently transitioning to paragraph.xyz). Most recently, in collaboration with a few members of my DAO, I initiated a grant project funded by the Solana Foundation focusing on Solana’s fee mechanism. This has deepened my interest and familiarity with Solana and its core protocols like Jito.

You can find me on X @0xMims. I will uphold the following with my participation:

1. Transparency: I pledge to maintain openness regarding the protocol’s operations and our decision-making process, ensuring our actions remain free from external pressures. I am always ready to discuss my stance on my proposals.

2. Sustainability: My commitment extends to the enduring viability and wellness of DAOs, with a focus on guiding the native protocol for the long haul.

3. Inclusivity: I believe that the best ideas emerge from environments that value diversity, fairness, and education, and we are dedicated to promoting these values.

4. Openness to Feedback: Understanding that the path to improvement and innovation is paved with diverse opinions, I will be highly receptive to feedback. Engaging with the community, and listening to diverse viewpoints are fundamental to my approach.

I intend on actively engaging the community and stakeholders through regular updates, participation in discussion, and showing my reasoning for all votes and positions.

Has the delegate historically contributed to the Jito Network?

Although I haven’t directly contributed to Jito Network, I’ve closely followed its developments for some time. I’m excited at the prospect of playing a more active role in its future developments/contributions.

Has the delegate historically been involved in protocol governance?

As the head of written research for FranklinDAO, my role has extended beyond my primary responsibilities, allowing me to acquire knowledge from all other committees. Having been a core member of FranklinDAO since 2022, I’ve had the unique opportunity to contribute to and learn from every facet of our organization. Our governance votes are discussed with fellow FD members prior to voting, hence our involvement in Uniswap, Compound, and other protocols.

Is the delegate committed to helping the Jito Network and Solana succeed? Explain.

Given my active engagement in researching Solana, and my familiarity with Jito, I’d consider myself deeply invested in the success of both Jito and Solana. Our current project on Solana’s fee mechanism is a good example of my commitment to address/enhancing aspects of Solana’s ecosystem. The work not only benefits Solana but also supports Jito by contributing to the overall efficiency and understanding of the relationships involved. My intention is to leverage both my current knowledge and my incentive to learn to be a devoted governance delegate. This is what sets me apart from other candidates, as someone involved in research I have a commitment to impartiality.

Candidate views

How should JitoSOL validator delegation balance performance (yield) versus decentralization goals?

Attractive yields bring heightened staking participation, but that does not necessarily mean it is the end-all be-all for evaluating protocol performance. My main focus will always prioritize the longevity and decentralization of the protocol. Stakenet clearly brings new questions about the parameterization of validator activities, especially in relation to network/geographic diversity. With this in mind, it is imperative that there is a flexible governance committee that can respond and change parameters accordingly to promote diversity between new clients and new regions for the health of Jito and Solana as a whole.

What should be the priorities for JTO liquidity mining and DAO token grants?

Jito/JitoSOL is the market leader for liquid staking provision in the Solana ecosystem. As others have stated, prior posts have said that 34.3% and 25% of the JTO token supply will be allocated to community and ecosystem development. While I believe that incentives are important they are also extremely delicate and require brainstorming as to prevent too much mercenary activity. Each new incentive should be evaluated with DAO members prior to pursuit. The DAO’s ability to control incentives is key, as devoted community members should not only have the ability to approve but to discontinue or pause the grant/incentives process with new information. Ultimately, I view the goal/priorities of liquidity mining and grants to be funding efforts to grow Jito’s market share, adoption, and research efforts to keep the protocol in the best condition while innovating at the forefront.

What are your goals for the DAO as a delegate?

As a delegate for the DAO, I’m committed to being an impartial representative for the community and the protocol. My ambition is to actively contribute to shaping Jito’s strategic path, focusing on its long-term growth and stability. I intend to facilitate open and constructive dialogue, ensuring that the community’s perspectives and needs are effectively integrated into our decision-making process. By embracing a collaborative approach, I aim to help steer Jito towards a prosperous future, balancing innovation with sustainability.

Solana Delegation Address: HnEizjK1HmrKGbXP6U6sVux8wp65haAYkz2VWgce6aJm

1 Like